Saturday, October 2, 2010

Touristy things

"Miteinander, nicht gegeneinander", exhibit on the struggles of East Germans to break free from Communist rule, which led to re-unification. At Alexanderplatz.


World clock at Alexanderplatz. It's got all 24 Time Zones. For the Mountain Time Zone, they have Denver and Edmonton!!! What?!?!? No Calgary. On a positive note, for the Eastern Time Zone, they have Montreal and not Toronto. Haha! Take that TO!


Berliner Dom. I believe this was seriously damaged during WWII, but beautifully restored.


The Old National Gallery. This was built by Friedrich Wilhelm the Great, King of Prussia.






Checkpoint Charlie, corner Friedrichstraße und Zimmerstraße. Biggest tourist trap in Berlin, after the Fersehturm. Appreciate these pictures, I am never setting foot on Friedrichstraße again if I can help it. Busy, full of rich bitches, as it's now "the" shopping street. Sorry Ku'damm.

Other than that, I've registered for German lessons. I figured I needed to, as my German is horrible, and well, I'm not meeting anyone walking around on my own with my iPod. Hopefully, it will make me feel a bit more integrated, 'cause right now, I really feel like a tourist.

3 comments:

  1. I love the image of Berliner Dom It's gorgeous. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too. Yes, it's one of the nicest buildings in town in my opinion. But I'm really partial to the Fernsehturm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ivania6996
    The pictures are amazin James. I did not know Germany had such beautiful buildings.
    You are awesome

    ReplyDelete