Saturday, October 23, 2010

My new baby, a burlesque show and the Russian Mafia.

My new baby. She comes from the Czech Republic and we're about the same age :-) She sounds amazing and feels great. Bought a small but more than capable amp and I look forward to start "the band", which we've yet to do. We're waiting on Judith to tell us what she wants or thinks she can sing. Did I mention she did 10 yrs of opera singing? And there's also Amelie who's studying to become and opera singer. Wow, lots of artists around me.

I found a cheap drum set for Romain and we're going to check it out tomorrow. It belongs to the guy at the music shop where I bought my guitar. His name is Stevo, really cool dude, easy going, not pretentious at all, which is what I was looking for. His store is Central Music in Kreuzberg, on Oranienstraße. Totally worth it. For those who are looking ;-)

On a more sour note, we got refused entry at Berghain last night. I was so pissed. I told the doorman to fuck off. I vow that I will return and this time get in, and then proceed to pee in every corner, then leave. If I still feel that strongly about it in a couple of days. Like my friend Ivan says : if they don't have time for me, I don't have time for them. It's a bit how I feel right now. But I don't like to be defeated.

Tonight is Einstürzende Neubauten, so excited. Will go and meet up with some friends before in the Tiergarten. It's such a nice day today, first in like a week. And we're due for another 2 days of rain and cold. I'll admit it, it's cold here. Hadn't realized they get the cold siberian winds. Mind you, shouldn't be any different than an Arctic wind blowing over Alberta.

Last night we went to a Burlesque show at my new favorite bar, CCCP. I believe it's run by the Russian Mafia (or so I like to think). The show was so-so and everyone that came ( I think there was 8 of us )  had no idea what a Burlesque show meant. (For those who don't know, a burlesque show is like a stripper show, but they don't get completely naked and it's all about costumes and fantasies. Girls are typically heavily tatooed and not your typical Playboy bunny. Think Suicide Girls without showing their nipples).

I just assumed everyone knew what it was. Judith was seriously offended, I felt bad. I also felt bad for the guys, cause the girls on stage looked a lot like dudes (it didn't help that there were two trannies walking around the bar before the show). Suffice to say that the guys all felt a bit awkward and Romain kept saying "there's something weird about this place". I think it rocks. Laura, our new friend from England said it looked exactly how she imagined a Berlin bar to look like. Which is soooo true. Louis XIV sofas, with red velvet lamps, soviet machine guns on the walls, gold skull light fixtures and stuffed animals on the tables (a badger even had a cigarette in his mouth!). You have to see it to believe it. And the girl at the door, Bettina, who is a French mulatto girl could've been cast as Josephine Baker. She's a talent agent/scout and is going to hook up Romain with some work here in Berlin. I kid you not. This has been kinda what my life's been like for the last 2 weeks, somewhat of a very freaky Lynchian movie. I wonder why this kinda stuff doesn't exist or doesn't happen back home?

I'm almost at the 1 month mark and now it's starting to go too fast. I kinda don't want this to end, as I'm getting closer to friends, and no closer to figuring out why I'm here. I also think I'm starting to crush hard on a girl, which is totally messing me up ...

No comments:

Post a Comment