Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day Two (or one, depending on how you look at it ...)

Some things never change. Just kidding. With this photo you'd think they're rebuilding the wall, but no. You can access the Brandenburger Gate and I did walk down Unter den Linden on the former East Berlin side, but for this pic, on the right is Tiergarten and to the left is the Reichstag, the German Parliament. They're getting ready to celebrate German Reunification, this Sunday, Oct. 3. Therefore, the Strasse des 17. Juni is closed from the Brandenburger Gate all the way to the SiegesaĆ¼l, which is under restoration :-((((

I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities and lazy 'cause I have 3 months to see everything. So, today, I don't know what to do. I've been on the Internet all morning looking at different things, Museums, shopping, landmarks, even Ikea (why does Ikea ALWAYS have to be out of the way, without any proper Transit to take you there!!!!!) I would've thought they'd have an IKEA S-Bahn, but noooooo, they have to drive their cars, like everywhere else ... I guess Reykjavik is the only one that was smart enough to have it's own Bus-line ... but I digress.


So that's it for now. Almost out the door, I guess I'll figure out where I'm going once I get to the U-Bahn.

No comments:

Post a Comment